The Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center
Orange County Council, Boy Scouts of America
PART TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT
The Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center seeks a part-time Office Assistant responsible for supporting office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; picking-up and delivering items; serving customers; maintaining office organization and adhering to standards of protocol.
Essential Job Functions
- Office Support
- Greet and help guests and volunteers, via telephone, email or in person;
- Answer phones, check voicemail, route calls and messages to the appropriate staff member;
- Checks IROEC mailbox and deliver mail to staff members;
- Keep the flyer kiosk stocked with current flyers and registration forms;
- Maintain the cleanliness of the reception area and printer/copier room
- Maintain office supply inventory and equipment
- Prepare weekly charts, maps and packets for guests, staff members and volunteers.
- Other general miscellaneous office duties.
- Collect and organize payments and inquiries from IROEC customers;
- IROEC Advisory Committee Meeting
- Prepare calendar of events, two months out, for the IROEC Advisory Committee Meeting and Irvine Regional Park (IRP) rangers;
- Prepare Committee Meeting folders.
- Program Registration
- Create and manage events, reservations, personal information and financials in our online registration system;
- Update calendar with information on individual sign-up events;
- Troubleshoot registration issues and make recommendations;
- Generate rosters for the program staff;
- Send and collect forms and waivers if necessary.
- Updates the e-newsletter distribution list in Constant Contact as needed;
- Assist with mailings and data entry;
- Experienced administrative professional who is dependable and highly organized with maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude;
- Four-year college degree preferred;
- 3+ year’s experience in an office setting;
- Technologically literate with strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Experience with databases or online registration systems a plus;
- Good organizational skills and record keeping (attention to detail is critical);
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Self-starter who can work independently;
- Accounting experience a plus;
- Must pass Boy Scouts of America’s background check.
Part-time, non-exempt position, 31 hours/week
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Amber Portz, Operations Director at The Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 714-923-3192.