Hosted by: Orange County Council Boy Scouts of America / Venturing Committee
This 16 hour course will satisfy the training requirement for the new Leave No Trace Trainer Troop position of responsibility, and core requirements for the Venturing Ranger Award. It is an excellent skill for CampStaff and CampMasters. At course completion each participant will be able to offer quality Leave No Trace Awareness presentations.
Trainer Course Goals
- To provide safe, consistent, quality training for all participants.
- To provide an easily implemented training structure that encourages training efforts.
- To provide a rationale for the principles of Leave No Trace so that they can be appropriately applied to a variety of environments.
- To prepare the participants to practice the principles of Leave No Trace and to train others in the Leave No Trace principles.
- Course Fee $49 – includes all LNT Materials, meals / “bring your tents”
- Must be currently registered in a Scouting Unit
- Open to male and female, youth and adult
- Scouts and Venturers: minimum age 14
- Participants must attend all sessions to complete the 16 hour course.
- All relevant BSA standards and the Guide to Safe Scouting will be followed.
- Course staff includes experienced Scouting Trainers who are also Leave No Trace Master Educators and Leave No Trace Trainers.
Additional course details and registration requirements: 2014 May OCC LNT Trainer Course Flyer