May – September 2014
Hosted by: Orange County Council Boy Scouts of America / Venturing Committee
This 16 hour course will satisfy the training requirement for the new Leave No Trace Trainer Troop position of responsibility, and core requirements for the Venturing Ranger Award. It is an excellent skill for CampStaff and CampMasters. At course completion each participant will be able to offer quality Leave No Trace Awareness presentations.
Trainer Course Goals
- To provide safe, consistent, quality training for all participants.
- To provide an easily implemented training structure that encourages training efforts.
- To provide a rationale for the principles of Leave No Trace so that they can be appropriately applied to a variety of environments.
- To prepare the participants to practice the principles of Leave No Trace and to train others in the Leave No Trace principles.
- Course Fee $49 – includes all LNT Materials, meals / “bring your tents”
- Must be currently registered in a Scouting Unit
- Open to male and female, youth and adult
- Scouts and Venturers: minimum age 14
- Participants must attend all sessions to complete the 16 hour course.
- All relevant BSA standards and the Guide to Safe Scouting will be followed.
- Course staff includes experienced Scouting Trainers who are also Leave No Trace Master Educators and Leave No Trace Trainers.
Additional course details and registration requirements: 2014 May OCC LNT Trainer Course Flyer
Wood Badge is the ultimate leadership training experience designed to meet the leadership needs for adults in the Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity, and Venturing programs, as well as district and council leaders. This course is a multifaceted interactive presentation of leadership concepts not only relevant to our values-based Scouting movement, but also widely employed by corporate America and leading government organizations. You’ll experience fellowship of learning in a fun-filled way from volunteers of like-minded Scouters.
The practical portion will be conducted in a pair of three-day, two weekend sessions. Between these two weekends, you will be required to participate in patrol meetings, with the location and time to be determined by each patrol. Upon completion of the practical course, your work continues on an individual basis as you “work your ticket,” a written contract with yourself that must be completed within 18 months in order to earn your Wood Badge Beads.
Course size is limited, so registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We commend you for the job that you are now doing in Scouting, but we are sure that through Wood Badge training you will be able to make an even greater contribution in providing quality leadership that will benefit the Scouting program for our youth. It is our sincere hope that you can arrange your time and commitments to be able to join others for this learning experience. We are confident you will find the time well spent and thoroughly enjoyable.
Information about course scholarships:
Information about this leadership development course that can be shared with your employer:
PLEASE NOTE: this leadership development course runs two weekends: September 5 – 7 and September 20 -22. Participation in all days/evenings is required.