Let’s move Scouting forward. This webpage is a resource to help you serve more youth in your area. These recruiting ideas and resources are here to help you discover, activate, and improve your recruiting strategy.
How to Order Promotional Materials
We encourage every unit to take part in the recruiting process. New members keep your unit strong, grow Scouting and its positive impact in the community, and add to the fun of Scouting! The Orange County Council is happy to provide promotional materials for your use to aid you in your recruiting efforts. These materials include flyers, banners, yard signs, stickers, postcards, and more. All you have to do is ask for them!
Here’s how to place your order:
- Schedule a “Sign-up”/Recruitment meeting for your Unit and order materials AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance.
- Contact your District Executive with the meeting information and complete this order form.
- Allow 1 week to process your order.
- Your District Executive will contact you when your materials are ready for pick up. Distribute flyers to school 1-2 weeks before recruitment date, give postcards to boys to invite their friends, use stickers the day before the recruitment to remind boys during classroom or lunch table talks, hang banners at school, church or neighborhood.
- Be sure to confirm that your order is ready before coming to the Council office for pick up.
New for 2016!
|Halloween is the perfect opportunity to promote Scouting in your neighborhood. With all those kids coming to your door, it is a great opportunity to encourage them to sign up for Scouting! To help with that process we have designed these Sign up for Scouting cards that you can customize with your unit information and hand out with your Halloween candy! Just download the PDF, fill in your information, and print. Get all of your families in on the project to cover more ground and add more Scouts to your unit!|
|Scouting can be a bit overwhelming for new parents, so give them a hand with the Cub Scout Parent Guide! This handy booklet is packed with information to help your new parents get acquainted with Scouting and make the most of this fun program with their family. Printed copies are available from the Council, or take a look at a digital copy here.|
|Get your new Cub Scouts started on the trail with the Bobcat Book! Everything your Scout needs to earn his Bobcat Badge in one simple activity book. Download it here.|