2014 Silver Beaver Award Nominations Now Open!
The Silver Beaver Award is the council level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. It is the highest honor a local council can bestow upon a registered adult leader. The award is intended to acknowledge noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by registered Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity and Venturing leaders within the territory under the jurisdiction of the local Council.
It is considered the highest award a Boy Scout Council can bestow upon a volunteer Scouter.
The Silver Beaver Award is given to individuals who, through hard work, self sacrifice, dedication and many years of service, have evidenced exceptional service to the BSA, service of exceptional character to non-Scouting youth, and service or standing within the community.
The Orange County Council presents Silver Beaver Awards annually at the Annual Recognition Dinner. This year’s dinner and award ceremony will be held on March 11, 2015.
Nominations for the 2014 Silver Beaver Award are due by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, October 17, 2014. Send all Silver Beaver Nominations to:
Orange County Council, BSA
Attn: Elena Garcia
1211 E. Dyer Rd., Santa Ana, CA 92705 or email@example.com
2013 Silver Beaver Recipients
- Alan Airth (Del Mar)
- Amy Kernes (Portola)
- Charlie Osaki (Orange Frontier)
- Donovan Anderson (Los Amigos)
- Eric Hendrix (Canyons)
- Gordon Pugmire (El Camino Real)
- Greg Arnold (Canyons)
- Gregory Beck (Saddleback)
- Huong (Sherry) Pham (Rancho San Joaquin
- Jan Hill (Canyons)
- Jeffrey Johnson (El Camino Real)
- Jim Clements (Saddleback)
- Jim Webber (Portola)
- Joe Mundi (Pacifica)
- Joe Sova (Orange Frontier)
- Keith Palmer (Saddleback)
- Kirk Lindahl (El Camino Real)
- Tom Olszewski (Orange Frontier)
- Tung Dinh Nguyen (El Capitan)
- Warren Owens (Canyons)