To Our Scouting Family and Friends,
Yesterday, in response to the ICU capacity in the Southern California Region falling below 15%, the Regional Stay Home Order was implemented at 11:59 pm. This has prompted renewed questions about Scouting programs and what can remain open.
Today, in consultation with the State of California and local health departments, we discussed that the mental and physical health of our youth is critical at this time and confirmed the following:
- Day Camps (OCBSA matrix) remain open during the Regional Stay Home Order following the industry guidance including Youth Cohorts.
- Youth Sports remain open during the Regional Stay Home Order following the industry guidance including Youth Cohorts.
- Day Camps and Youth Sports are closed from 10 pm to 5 am during the Limited Stay Home Order and Regional Stay Home Order.
- All overnight camping is closed during the Regional Stay Home Order.
- Scout Shops remain open at 20% capacity during the Regional Stay Home Order.
At this time, we ask all of our members and their families to use extreme caution and to follow all guidance from our state and local health departments. We encourage you to utilize the five simple points that Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, is championing and is consistent in all California guidance:
- Wear a mask consistently and correctly
- Avoid crowds
- Stay six feet apart
- Opt for the outdoors
- Wash your hands
Thank you again for your partnership, flexibility and patience as we navigate this challenging and unprecedented chapter in our council’s history together. As we have since the onset of COVID-19, we will continue to closely monitor this situation and follow guidelines from expert health agencies, while keeping our Scouting community informed.
Please continue to visit ocbsa.org/covid19 for COVID-19 updates, information and resources.
- COVID-19 Update # 16 | 12.4.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 15 | 10.26.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 14 | 8.31.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 13 | 8.17.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 12 | 7.31.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 11 | 7.16.2020
- COVID-19 Alert | 7.13.2020
- COVID-19 Alert | 7.10.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 10 | 7.2.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 9 | 6.16.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 8 | 6.1.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 7 | 5.15.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 6 | 4.29.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 5 | 4.5.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 4 | 3.18.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 3 | 3.13.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 2 | 3.12.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 1 | 3.11.2020