June 17, 2021
To Our Scouting Family and Friends,
Thanks to your trust in the vaccine and falling transmission rates, California fully reopened its economy on June 15. This means no more physical distancing, no capacity limits, no county tiers, and relaxed mask guidance.
The OCBSA Covid Response Committee met and has authorized all Scouting activities to return to usual operations while following current CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings. Within our camps we will continue enhanced sanitation protocols, schedule program groups that limit large congregate settings when feasible, be prepared for confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case response, and closures if necessary.
The main points of the CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings as it relates to Scouting are:
- Masks are not required for outdoor activities.
- Masks are required indoors for unvaccinated individuals.
- Masks are required indoors for all individuals (youth and adults) regardless of vaccination status when in the presence of youth.
- No person can be prevented from wearing a mask as a condition of participation in an activity.
As vaccination levels continue to increase, we ask all of our members and their families to use extreme caution and to follow all guidance from our state and local health departments.
Thank you again for your partnership, flexibility and patience as we navigate this challenging and unprecedented chapter in our council’s history together. As we have since the onset of COVID-19, we will continue to closely monitor this situation and follow guidelines from expert health agencies, while keeping our Scouting community informed.
Please continue to visit ocbsa.org/covid19 for COVID-19 updates, information and resources.
For any further questions, please contact the COVID helpline by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COVID-19 Update #20 | 5.26.2021
- COVID-19 Update # 19 | 3.19.2021
- COVID-19 Update # 18 | 2.1.2021
- COVID-19 Update # 17 | 12.7.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 16 | 12.4.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 15 | 10.26.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 14 | 8.31.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 13 | 8.17.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 12 | 7.31.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 11 | 7.16.2020
- COVID-19 Alert | 7.13.2020
- COVID-19 Alert | 7.10.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 10 | 7.2.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 9 | 6.16.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 8 | 6.1.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 7 | 5.15.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 6 | 4.29.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 5 | 4.5.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 4 | 3.18.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 3 | 3.13.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 2 | 3.12.2020
- COVID-19 Update # 1 | 3.11.2020