Help Desk Header

We are here to help!

Have an urgent question? Contact us today!

Help Call Us Help Chat Help Email

Give us a call at (714) 546-4990.

We are available to answer your call Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 5:00pm.

No time for the phone?

We are available for a live chat Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 5:00pm.

After hours?

Send us an email and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

Please allow more time for a response over weekends.

You are not alone.

Being a volunteer leader is fun, challenging, and rewarding. But you don’t have to do it all by yourself. Your Pack, District, and Council have many people and resources to give your son the best possible Scouting experience.

• Round Table is a monthly leaders’ meeting for all adult volunteers in your district. You can get help with activities, places to go, games, skits, and songs for use at Den and Pack meetings. It’s a great place to ask questions and share ideas. Click here to find your District Round Table information.

• Your district has a team of volunteers called the District Committee which develops quality district-wide programs in which boys can participate. Visit your District webpage or talk to your unit leader for information about your District Committee.

• Your district has another volunteer team called the Commissioner staff. They are our “service team.” They check on the health of your Pack and are a communications link between your Pack and the Scouting organization. A Unit Commissioner is assigned to assist your unit.

• We have award-winning videos for teaching Scouts and adults about child abuse protection and avoiding potentially dangerous situations.



Where can I go to find a Pack or Troop near me?  – This website will let you put in your Zip Code so that you can see all of the local packs and troops near you and where they meet.  Click on one of the Packs or Troops to get contact information and more information about them.

 When and where do I get recruiting materials from?

There are two ways of getting your recruiting materials.  The best way is by attending one of the Membership Roadshows.  We hold Membership Roadshows in the spring and fall throughout Orange County.   The other option is to reach out to your District Membership Chair or Membership District Executive.

Head here for more information.

How does the unit open a Bank Account or apply for an EIN#?

Check out our guide to Opening a Unit Checking Account here

Where can I find directions or a map of OCBSA’s camp properties?

You can find a link for directions to all of our properties on the Camping Facilities Page: here

 I want to be a Merit Badge counselor, how do I do it?

In order to become a Merit Badge Counselor you will have to fill out an Adult Application, Merit Badge Counselor Application and complete Youth Protection Training on  Once you have filled out the appropriate applications reach out to the District Advancement Chair or you can contact a Program Executive in your area to get you in touch with the correct person.

You can find more information about this process here:

Guide for Merit Badge Counselors

Merit Badge Counselor Sheet

How can I get a print out of my record/achievement/rank advancement?

Send an email our Council Registrar Kim Whitaker.

How does my unit turn in online registration?

  1. One of the key 3 (CM, CC, CM or SM etc.), once the unit has contacted the family and received all fees needed to sign up with the unit, the Committee Chairman or Cubmaster can send an email to for the Council to charge the unit account for the approved online app. (s) provided they have the funds to cover the membership and Boy’s life magazine fees (if selected)
  2. Or one of the unit key 3 can print the invoice off and bring it to the Council office (or scout shop locations) and pay the membership fee, Boy’s life fee. This could also be mailed in with a check.