Let’s move Scouting forward. This web page is a resource to help you serve more youth in your area. These recruiting ideas and resources are here to help you discover, activate, and improve your recruiting strategy.
How to Order Promotional Materials
We encourage every unit to take part in the recruiting process. New members keep your unit strong, grow Scouting and its positive impact in the community, and add to the fun of Scouting! The Orange County Council is happy to provide promotional materials for your use to aid you in your recruiting efforts. These materials include flyers, banners, yard signs, stickers, postcards, and more. All you have to do is ask for them!
Here’s how to place your order:
- Schedule a “Sign-up”/Recruitment meeting for your Unit and order materials AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance.
- Contact your District Executive with the meeting information and complete this form.
- Email completed form to Elena Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allow 1-2 weeks to process your order. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pick up at our office.
- Your District Executive will contact you when your materials are ready for pick up. Distribute flyers to school 1-2 weeks before recruitment date, give postcards to boys to invite their friends, use stickers the day before the recruitment to remind boys during classroom or lunch table talks, hang banners at school, church or neighborhood.
***Be sure to confirm that your order is ready before coming to the Council office for pick up.
|Registration for the Boy Scouts of America is about to become significantly easier and more efficient for units and new members. Effective immediately, the Orange County Council is transitioning to a paperless application process. Click here to learn more. Click here to learn how to setup online applications.|
|Learn how simple and effective marketing tools can lead your Unit to register more Scouts! Click here to view the PowerPoint.|
|Parents will be able to pay BSA registration fees with a credit/debit card with the Council Square account. Parents may also pay unit dues using a unit owned Square account. Click here to view the Square Card Reader Instructions|
|Scouting can be a bit overwhelming for new parents, so give them a hand with the Cub Scout Parent Guide! This handy booklet is packed with information to help your new parents get acquainted with Scouting and make the most of this fun program with their family. Printed copies are available from the Council, or take a look at a digital copy here.|
|Get your new Cub Scouts started on the trail with the Bobcat Book! Everything your Scout needs to earn his Bobcat Badge in one simple activity book. Download it here.|
|Halloween is the perfect opportunity to promote Scouting in your neighborhood. With all those kids coming to your door, it is a great opportunity to encourage them to sign up for Scouting! To help with that process we have designed these Sign up for Scouting cards that you can customize with your unit information and hand out with your Halloween candy! Just download the PDF, fill in your information, and print. Get all of your families in on the project to cover more ground and add more Scouts to your unit!|