We’re happy to announce that the Orange County, Laguna Hills and Anaheim Scout Shops have reopened with modified operating hours to help further your Scouting adventure! Over the last several weeks, we have been working hard to implement enhanced safety measures that make yours and our team members safety the top priority!
Effective today, you’ll notice the following changes upon entering our location:
- Hand sanitizer is available for customer use in all Scout Shops.
- We’ve implemented rigorous cleaning routines throughout the day and have temporarily closed fitting rooms.
- Prior to beginning every shift, all team members must complete an Employee Health Screening to ensure they are ready and able to work safely.
- Every team member is provided with facial coverings to use during their shifts and are asked to frequently wash their hands.
- Social distancing markers are placed in every Scout Shop.
- All product returns are being disinfected or quarantined for five business days before returning to the salesfloor.
- Cash will NOT be accepted as a form of payment until further notice to limit the risk of spreading germs. We will continue to accept Credit/Debit Cards and Checks.
- We have updated our payment systems to need fewer signatures and to accept contactless pay to include Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Plexiglass sneeze guards are installed at checkout points, in areas of the country where required.
- Limited occupancy regulations will be in place in compliance with state and local requirements.
While not mandatory in every Scout Shop, we respectfully request you to follow social distancing and safety protocols recommended by public health officials, including wearing a facial covering when visiting our stores to help protect yourself and our team members.
Now that we have re-opened, we are very excited to announce that we’ve redesigned our in-store shopping experience with your safety and convenience as our main goal.
Effective today, you can purchase any of our 600 Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA Advancement related products online, and have the order gathered, bagged, and set aside for you to either pickup in-store, contactless curbside, or have the items shipped directly to you! Learn more
Looking ahead, we will continue to evaluate and modify our safety measures and in-store experience with you and our team members in mind. In the meantime, we’re taking this seriously so we can get it right. We cannot wait to welcome you and our Scouting community back to our Scout Shop!
Our Scout Shops carry the full line of Official BSA merchandise, Advancement, Literature, uniforms, crafts, gifts and awards, and of course some of the best camping equipment made: Osprey, SOL, CamelBak to name a few. Visit a Scout Shop near you or shop online at www.scoutshop.org.
|Council Service Center | Santa Ana||Laguna Hills||Anaheim|
|1211 East Dyer Road
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Shop Manager: Karl Rusmisel
|25292 McIntyre, Suite P
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
(949) 639-0319 Fax
Shop Manager:Sharon Lander Defibaugh
|1501 N. Raymond, Ste. “O”
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714) 520-6729 Fax
Shop Manager: Christina Leiva
Monday, Wednesday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
Monday – Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
Monday – Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
|Find us on Facebook!||Find us on Facebook!||Find us on Facebook!|
The Boy Scouts of America is now hiring part time sales associates at the Orange County Scout Shop in Santa Ana. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic, Sales Associate in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Job Overview: Contribute to the successful daily operation of the Orange County Scout Shop by delivering an exceptional customer experience, make sales to customers, keep accurate and on-time timekeeping records, receive orders, stock shelves, and maintain a clean, customer friendly environment.
The individual in this position will:
- Provide exceptional customer service in the store and on the phone.
- Process customer orders through the POS system.
- Maintain a clean, neat, stocked, properly priced, and organized store.
- Open and close the store as directed by management using the prescribed policies and procedures.
- Safeguards BSA monies and merchandise.
- Sewing skills are a plus
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of Scouting Program helpful
- Good communication skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Great Store Hours:
Monday, Wednesday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Closed on Sunday
- Closed most major holidays
- Employee discount
- Opportunity for advancement
- Store Manager training program
- Fun, friendly work environment
To Apply: Applicants should email Karl Rusmisel with resume and cover letter at Karl.Rusmisel@scouting.org.